Urban Biodiversity is a Community Interest Company that aims to reduce social deprivation by developing underused urban sites into places that offer community benefit and a fair chance for all. Working with local communities, we aim to create high quality, low impact, urban spaces that provide social inclusion, environmental education, training and employability opportunities and provide a green hub for the community. Our activities empower local communities with the skills and opportunities to improve their surroundings for the betterment of their health and wellbeing, and for the betterment of their natural environment.
Our flagship project is Newquay Community Orchard , a 7 acre site in the heart of Newquay providing the community with an orchard, wildlife areas, woodland, community growing space, wood workshop and a soon to be built community building, café and 600-seater ampitheatre. The site also acts as a base from which we can deliver commercial contracts that will improve the surround urban environment for the community.
The purpose of this position is to develop and deliver the marketing and communications strategy for Urban Biodiversity including Newquay Community Orchard.
The role will work closely with staff across the organization to promote a range of services including volunteering, social and educational programmes and community events. The Marketing Manager will play a key role in ensuring the successful development and launch of new services including the community building, café and ampitheatre.
As part of a small team, the role will also be hands on and require a willingness to deliver marketing tasks as well as providing strategic thinking and leadership.
- Develop and deliver an integrated marketing strategy for Urban Biodiversity, including Newquay Community Orchard, communicating a clear offering, brand and messaging for target audiences to achieve organisational objectives and deliver contractual requirements.
- Work with colleagues across the team to plan and implement effective marketing and communication campaigns for the full range of services provided by Urban Biodiversity across all relevant channels including digital media.
- Work with colleagues across the team to provide marketing and communications expertise to support development of new services and products
- Plan and develop marketing collateral including brochures, letters, emails and website copy for marketing and to support outreach activities delivered by the Social Programmes team
- Work closely with the Creative Design Manager to ensure the visual design for all Urban Biodiversity services is aligned with the marketing strategy
- Manage delivery and promotion of a series of community events at Newquay Community Orchard to promote engagement with the local community and the role of site as a community hub.
- Work closely with the Senior Management team to plan and set expenditure budgets for marketing and communications activities as part of the annual planning cycle and to support funding submissions.
- Manage marketing and communications expenditure budgets to ensure activities are delivered to budget and financial reporting is completed to agreed timetables.
- Maintain and develop working relationships with new and existing partners, particularly community partners in line with the partnership plan agreed with the Managing Director.
- Carry out regular and robust monitoring and reporting of progress against marketing and communications targets in line with reporting timetables set by the Senior Management team and funders.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Projects Administrator to develop efficient and effective processes and systems for marketing and communications activities as part of an effective overall business management system.
- Promote and further develop the business whenever possible including attending relevant meetings and networking events and presenting to various organisations and groups as required by the Operations Manager.
- Due to the varied and ever-changing nature of operations at Urban Biodiversity you may be required to undertake additional roles, responsibilities and tasks as necessary to facilitate the smooth running of activities.
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing or relevant area.
- Five or more years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Expertise in developing marketing and communications strategies
- Experience in the third sector and working with communities desirable.
- Strong project and budget management skills able to deliver on time, to budget and to achieve targeted results.
- Experience in successful design and delivery of campaigns to reach a variety of audiences across the community such as residents, SMEs, third sector organisations, education and health sector professionals
- Experience of delivering engaging community events
- Willing to be hands on to deliver marketing tasks as well as providing strategic direction
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach to working
- Strong track record in building productive relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, fun loving individual with the ability to invoke and inspire positive change.
- Passionate about nature and the environment and able to share that knowledge
- Resourceful and able to think creatively to get maximum value from limited budget
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
Please submit your CV with a cover letter. You should demonstrate how you meet the skills, knowledge, experience and qualities set out in the job description and why you want this role.
Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be on Thursday 14th March 2019 with a second round on Thursday 21st March if required. You will be informed by the end of Thursday 7th March if you have been shortlisted for interview. As we are a small company with very limited resources we are very sorry that we are unable to give feedback on applications that are not shortlisted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
- marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
Advertised on Indeed - https://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=d4cbcfbae2468068&tk=1d365g86r17td000...
CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Jenny Hindson